Opening your Health Savings Account (HSA) is the next very important step, after establishing your qualified Health Plan, and the first step in realizing all the benefits associated with your HSA. Among other things, your HSA eligibility depends upon the date your insurance becomes effective AND the date you open your HSA, whichever is the latter. For example, if your insurance becomes effective January 1 and you do not open your HSA until February 1, any qualified HSA expense incurred in January would not be eligible for HSA reimbursement.
In addition, opening your HSA has the ability to offer both short-term benefits and convenience, as well as long-term security and financial stability. At American Health Value, our sole purpose is to insure you have every advantage and all the tools available to fully maximize your HSA, right from the start and all the way through.
IF IT MATTERS TO YOU, IT MATTERS TO US!
To begin your HSA journey, you have our team of HSA specialists, ready and available to assist and guide you. When you call our toll free number, you reach a live, caring and knowledgeable person. We will take as much time as necessary, to assure all questions have been answered to your satisfaction. We are not a call center, nor will you be put on endless hold, or have to go through a series of phone tree options (press 1, 2, 3, 4). Your HSA team undergoes continuous, extensive training and are always happy to help.
If it is more convenient, you can always email us. We will do the research personally, and get back with you, typically within the same day. We can even work with your accountant to answer any of their questions, if that is your desire.
Over our 20 plus years, we have averaged 97% resolution within the same day you contact us. And you can rest assured, your answers will be accurate and relevant according to today’s rules and regulations governing HSAs .
With American Health Value, you have all the “big company” capabilities together with “small company” service, ethics and convenience.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE WITH YOUR AMERICAN HEALTH VALUE HSA
With American Health Value, your HSA is structured to take full advantage of all your benefits, and also value your precious time. Whether you are doing day-to-day transactions or shaping your financial future, you can expect and look forward to a full service Health Savings Account experience.
Below are some of the features you receive with your Health Savings Account from American Health Value.
- 24/7 online account access
- No-fee VISA debit card
- Secure options to conveniently deposit funds into your HSA
- HSA Member Portal provides a multi-functioning online banking platform
- Intuitive and responsive web design for all viewing devices including your desktop computer, laptop, tablet and even your mobile phone
- HSA Homepage Dashboard allows ‘at-a-glance’ review of your fundamental account status with one click navigation to common HSA activities
- Ability to add/link other bank accounts within your HSA Member Portal, such as your personal checking or savings accounts
- Using an intuitive ‘payment wizard’, pay doctors/providers directly from the account of your choice, simultaneously tracking and archiving your HSA transactions
- Set-up "one time" or schedule recurring HSA deposits and/or payments
- Includes a Documentation Library to validate your HSA qualified expenditures with the ability to upload, store, categorize, add notes and match related records to payments
- Easily request and track online reimbursements for qualified expenses that you made outside of your HSA funds
- Ability to download your history of HSA expenses into an Excel spreadsheet - perfect at tax time
- A handy "To Do" List function that automatically provides reminders of incomplete actions, offers helpful suggestions, and notifies you of important alerts
- Medical Journal to retain important notes on personal medical events including your dependents
- Convenient Mobile App for on-the-go banking
- HSA Investment options tied seamlessly into your HSA
- Tools for HSA investors
- State-of-the-art security
- And more!
BONUS! FREE HEALTHCARE DISCOUNT CARD TO EACH HSA MEMBER
At American Health Value, we know the more you save on medical expenses, the more prepared you are for the future. Every deposit into your HSA (up to the annual maximum allowed by the IRS), reduces your federal taxable income, dollar for dollar. Most states also allow deductions for HSAs deposits on state taxable income, as well.
Thus, paying qualified expenses from your HSA, helps to lower your overall healthcare expense by the amount of your annual taxable income rates. This is akin to receiving discounted medical services and products. Something we all can appreciate and available only through your HSA ownership.
However, with American Health Value, the savings continue to add up. Every one of our HSA members receive our Healthcare Discount Card program that includes significant discounts on many products and services that most of us pay on a routine basis and some of which, may not be covered under your health plan. They include discounts on prescriptions, dental, vision, hearing, and more.
Your Healthcare Discount Card arrives active and ready to use for everyone in your household. There are no usage limits, expiration dates or precondition limitations. Your Healthcare Discount Card is absolutely free to you and helps to stretch your HSA dollars. Remember, what you do not spend in your HSA this year, rolls over year after year, building towards a more stable future.